1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer high-end/natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?
I am most definitely a yarn snob. But that doesn’t necessarily mean it must all be natural fibers, though I prefer it. I like some man made fibers from cool companies like Phildar, for example. But, no Red Heart. The stuff makes my skin crawl.
2. Do you spin? Crochet?
I have not entered the world of spinning, no. And although I only know the basics of crochet (like doing an edging for example) I might like to try a whole crochet project someday.
3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)
I am allergic to cats and technically to dogs though I no longer react much to dogs (and I have one). I am not allergic, but LOATHE smoke and most perfumes. I wear a single note fragrance (Vanilla) and prefer very subtle scents.
4. How long have you been knitting?
Technically, about 24 years! Though I really got into it about 5 or 6 years ago, and have been pretty obsessed for about 3.
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Sure do, and you can find it here. I don’t expect anyone to buy anything from it, but you can get a sense of my tastes.
6. What’s your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
Again, Vanilla! Or something else subtle and single note - lemon verbena can be nice if not too strong.
7. Do you have a sweet tooth?
You betcha!! Gummy things and dark chocolate are the tops on my list. But as I’m avoiding the dreaded high fructose corn syrup, I’ve become a little snobby in my candy habits too. Dark european chocolate, YES. Hershey’s, NO.
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
I paint with oils now and then, though that’s not really “crafty”, is it? I painted and refinished furniture, once.
9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if you want to make her a CD)
I am very into 60s pop and rock, but also contempory indie type bands. Not into rap, country, hip hop, that sort of thing. Some Top 40 is OK. And yes, to Mp3s.
10. What’s your favorite color? Or–do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer?
My favorite color is green - like a mossy green I guess. I love fall colors too - rich dark browns and greens and reds. I got into pinks last year, too.
11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I am single, unattached, live alone. I have a dog, a bird (Parrotlet) and a tank of tropical fish.
12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)
Goodness. Aside from winning the lottery and buying my Manhattan townhouse and Hamptons beach house, my life dreams are simply to find happiness in whatever I do. A relationship/kids would be nice as well.
13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
Nearly anything Rowan. A good soft merino or cashmere would probably be my favorite fiber.
14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
Sticky acrylics, like that Red Heart stuff. Ewww. Or anything too novelty, with weird colors and things hanging from it.
15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
Rowan and Phildar magazines. Though I’m itching to get some Rebecca mags into the mix.
16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Sweaters, though I love baby things too because they go so much faster.
17. What are you knitting right now?
A hoodie sweater for me. And a cotton cable sweater in progress, and a dog sweater, and a scarf…
18. What do you think about ponchos? (this is really a curiousity question for us)
Love ‘em. Want one. I know there’s this rule about if you’re old enough to wear something the first time, you shouldn’t be wearing it the second, but I don’t care. I think they are ageless and cute.
19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
Definitely circular. I’m an Addi Turbo addict.
20. How did you learn to knit?
My mother taught me when I was about 15.
21. How old is your oldest UFO?
I think my Rowan Denim cable “Surf” sweater, started about 2 years ago,
and still on the back piece!