I don’t usually do a resolutions list. I think that sets me up for a sure failure to keep them. But I’m bored at work today, so what the hell. I for sure will have to keep at least some of them, right? So here goes, knitting and not, and in no particular order.
1) I will not buy any yarn for myself, excluding a gift certificate I want to use, and possible gifts, for at least the first quarter of 2006. I am going to shoot for half.
2) I will always have a pair of socks on the needles, because I discovered that even though I am a boot or sandals girl and no one ever sees them, I like wearing them.
3) I will finish several neglected knitting projects. This means spending less time online, more time knitting.
4) I will keep my apartment considerably neater than it’s been, so I can have spontaneous guests now and then.
5) I will lose the 15 pounds I gained in 2005, and without “dieting”.
6) I will use my gym membership again on a regular basis (see 5).
7) I will cook a lot more, and order in a lot less (see 5).
8) I will entertain at home more (see 4 and 7).
9) I will do my best to find more work and make more money so I can afford to entertain.
10) I will keep in touch with friends who are afar, and spend a lot of time with those who are near.
11) I’ll do my best to appreciate what I have instead of pining for what I want.
12) I’ll keep my temper in check.
*bonus resolution 13)I’ll win the lottery, buy a great home, meet the man of my dreams, and have a kid before it’s too late.
OK, I’m not holding out too much hope for the last one, but I couldn’t resist.