I know, imagine this – an actual post about knitting. I *finally* finished the Lush and Lacy cardigan and wore it yesterday. Overall, I am really happy with how it came out. I know that I took a big risk by dyeing a whole garment rather than just yarn. Even more so that it was my first dyeing experience.
As predicted, the initial results did come out a bit spotty. But I was fine with not having a uniform color – I didn’t mind some variegation as I felt it would look hand dyed and that’s ok – it’s just the old ugly color showing through looked somewhat brownish against the new bright happy green. My solution – mix up more Kool Aid in a glass – take an old pastry brush – go over spotty areas – microwave 2 minutes to set the color. I did this a couple of times, and I’m completely satisfied with the result.
Yarn used – Elann Pure Alpaca in a dull grayish green that depressed me.
Kool Aid used – Lemon Lime, 50 packets purchased, maybe 30-35 total used.